Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Day #28 Old Friends

Old Friends, Vilnius, Lithuania 9x12, oil.

I cheated a bit today. This was a painting that I started a while ago and finished today. Our Virtual Paint Out Group has not resumed this year. I don't know if this is a permanent condition, but I decided to take a trip to Lithuania by myself. 

The idea for this virtual trip came because of a dear cousin who is working on our Lithuanian genealogy. We have been sharing information and this has stirred up old memories of my childhood. My grandparents on both sides came to this country through Ellis Island in the early 1900's and kept many of the old customs. One set of grandparents from Lithuania, one set from Poland. (There will be a virtual trip to Poland coming up sometime). They were thankful to be here and worked hard to raise their families. There was no welfare and no government help - and they didn't expect any. Families helped each other.

Yesterday's painting of The Blue Umbrella sold this morning. Thank you, Denise! Tomorrow I hope to start on another cityscape. Now it's back to the studio to wash my brushes and then have a glass of wine.

Thanks for visiting,
Celene

This painting is available in my Ebay Store - Virtual Paint Out

Leslie Saeta's 30/30 Challenge for February 2018.

www.CeleneFarris.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are always welcome. Thank you.