Saturday, June 5, 2021

Lilacs

We are having a wonderful spring here on the coast of Maine. We went from early spring's gray, cool and rainy days, frosty nights and dreary mud season - to glorious sun and color everywhere. My lilacs were a week early and are now beginning to fade, as are my bleeding heart plants. The iris, poppies and lupine are in blossom now, with peonies soon to follow. How could I not paint my lilacs?!


Lilacs and Blue Glass, 8x10, oil


Lilacs and Copper, 8x10, oil SOLD



And, of course, a few little ones. 3x3 Framed, oil. SOLD

A few years back, when I had my studio at our gallery in Belfast, I tried to paint all the spring flowers as they came along. Every day I would bring in new flowers and try to capture them on canvas. Some paintings were successful, some were not, but it was fun trying. This brought in a lot of repeat visitors who wanted to see what I was working on next. Those were fun times and I met some truly delightful people.

These new paintings are available in my Ebay Store or directly from me. 

Stay busy and happy. Thanks for visiting with me.
Celene


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are always welcome. Thank you.