Friday, May 7, 2021

Painting is never boring

Well, another few months have gone by since my last post. A friend asked what I have been working on so I thought I would share a few of my latest pieces. 

I have been very busy in my studio getting ready for my favorite local shop, Patchwork Plus in Searsmont, Maine, to reopen for the season on May 1st. She carries a line of my work and we were all hustling to finish up in time. My eBay Store has also been busy, so more paintings needed there, too.

I seem to jump from one painting subject to another. For the past few months it is been miniature paintings - 3x3 inches square. I found some darling frames on-line that, I think, are perfect. These mini paintings give me a chance to use bright colors and quirky subjects - snowmen, colorful songbirds, flowers, a goldfish. Even a few mini still-lifes and landscapes. Here is a sample.




 
My husband cut a stack of 3x3 canvas panels for me and I have a dozen or so left. When they are done, I need to finish my nocturnes. I started one with a pick up truck and a man in a phonebooth - so many subjects to choose from. 

Painting is never boring! I could never understand how anyone could say they were bored. I say -"just get busy doing something!" Life is short, don't waste it.

Enough said, time to paint. Stay well and stay busy. Thanks for visiting with me.

Celene






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are always welcome. Thank you.