Tuesday, February 13, 2024

A Very Special Valentine Story

Valentine's Day seems the perfect day to share this moving story...

I received this very special email on 3-27-2023.

Hello Ms. Farris,
My name is Richard Scovel. I reside in Wakefield Massachusetts but have vacationed in the Belgrade & Lake St. George areas for close to 40 years so I know the Belfast area very well. You have an amazing talent. 

This past September my wife Carole gave me a framed print named Bird Watchers which I believe is one of your works and I must say as soon as I saw it I instantly fell in love with it as my wife's hobby was feeding birds on an industrial scale, and in addition we are hooked on Brittany Spaniels of which we have had 4 of them over the years. First was Jimmy, then Sophie, then Morey and finally Max whom I have now... Sadly my wife passed away early in the morning on the day after Christmas and I am hoping that I can have the image of your print put on the grave stone which I will soon be purchasing. I see many grave stones at our local cemetery that have all kinds of color images added to them and since my wife was buried with Sophie and Morey's ashes, the print would be a beautiful touch and she would be so happy to know it was on the stone... 

I really don't want to take the framed print she gave me apart so I can submit the image to the engravers, so my question to you is could I possibly purchase another one of them from you ? The size is small, probably about 5" X 7" and I'm sure that would be a good example to go by, however I may opt for the image on the stone to be a bit larger than that. I have no idea where she actually purchased the print so I figured I'd start at the source. Please get back to me when you have the chance and let me know what you think... Also, photos attached, 2 showing your framed print and another one of a color image of a willow tree which is close to my wife's grave as an example of a color image on stone... 

Very best regards, Rick Scovel

Dear Richard,
I am so very sorry to hear about your wife. What a sad time for you all.

I do have copies of the print - The Bird Watchers. I will be very honored to have my work on your wife's memorial stone. If you send me your address I will mail them to you. They will be my gift in your wife's memory. Thank you for this honor.

Celene 

On 12/24/2023 7:02 AM, Rick Scovel wrote:

Hello Ms. Farris,
I'm sorry it took so long but good things do take time, anyway, the grave stone is finally finished and was installed at the cemetery a few days ago. My wife Carole was very patriotic and as soon as I saw the stone on display the decision was made! Also, if you ever want to put the images on your website or your facebook page please feel free to do so, Carole would be honored...

Initially I wanted your image to be etched in to the stone but unfortunately that method did not capture the beauty of your painting so a porcelain image of your artwork was created instead which captured the image perfectly. Due to the design of the stone and not having ample room on the front, it is on the back side but it really finished off the stone perfectly and I can't thank you enough.

Thanks again for supplying the print, this result would not have been achieved without your talent and your kindness. Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year!

Very best regards, Richard Scovel




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are always welcome. Thank you.