Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Greenland Harbor #1 - March's Virtual Paint Out

This month our artist group is traveling, via our computers, to Greenland. Using Google Maps Street Views only, we explore the region and each artist finds a spot to paint. The idea is to “walk around” the area using Google Street Views as if we were actually there with the painting group looking for that ideal spot to set up our gear and paint. We then post our finished paintings to artist, Bill Guffey's blog with a link to our reference location. For more information check out, www.VirtualPaintOut.blogspot.com.  Thank you, Bill. This is great fun.


Arsaaffimmut, Uummannaq, Qaasuitsup, Greenland

Greenland Harbor #1, 9x12, oil



My initial lay-in

When I found the scene I wanted to paint, I photographed it with my digital camera, then transferred the picture into my Kindle. I added veridian green to the icebergs as I remembered that the icebergs I had seen in Newfoundland were very turquoise in color.

This painting is available on my Ebay page.

Thanks for visiting,
Celene


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are always welcome. Thank you.