Thursday, August 11, 2016

What's Happening

Busy summer - 

I have been taking an on-line course in figurative landscape painting with Robert Hagan. He is a marvelous artist and I’ve always admired his work, especially the way he captures light and action. His objective in this course is to portray the actions of daily life. He supplied us with the subject matter and we all worked together under his guidance.

Below is my first finished painting. Now I look forward to incorporating what I have learned with my own reference photos. His painting course is continuing and I’m excited to be accepted into the next session.

Sisters, 12x16 oil

This month our Virtual Paint Out Group is traveling to Norway. I have done my exploring via Google Street Maps and hope to start a painting today. Norway is a beautiful country and I am especially drawn to the snow covered mountains and glaciers.

It has been an unusually hot and dry summer here in Maine. We have had little rain, the storms seem to go around us, leaving the lawns burnt and the gardens dry. It’s been especially difficult for the hay crop and the local farmers. Our vegetable garden is feeling the effects even though we water it regularly. Last night the deer ate the green beans almost down to the ground. Oh well, that will mean more visits to the Farmer’s Market – and that's okay with me.

We are in the midst of our tourist season and sales are good. My Ebay Store is also doing well. That’s always nice to hear.

I can feel the morning warming up; it’s going to be another hot day. Time to go to Norway and paint snow!

Wishing you a safe and happy summer.

Happy painting.

Celene




To see all my paintings from our Virtual Tours   My Virtual Paint-Out


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are always welcome. Thank you.