Monday, April 11, 2016

Marshal Pt. Lighthouse, Port Clyde, Maine

Still going through my stash of photos and memories.

I love living near the Maine coast. This is one of my favorite lighthouses. We visited here last summer and stayed to watch the sun go down. The light in the tower came on just a few minutes after I snapped this picture.

I was there with a painting group a few years ago when the weather quickly changed and a heavy fog rolled in. Suddenly the fog horn started and the noise was deafening. We packed up and left. No sense staying to paint. You couldn't see anything but fog or hear anything but that horn!
  

End of the Day at Marshal Pt. Light, 5.75 x 12, oil


Thanks for visiting,
Celene

To see all my paintings from our Virtual Paint-Out tours, please click here.

www.CeleneFarris.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are always welcome. Thank you.