Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Sept 2015 30/30 Challenge Has Begun

Today is the first day of September and the first day of Leslie Saeta's newest 30/30 Challenge. Thirty paintings in thirty days is impossible for me at this time of the year. I hope to paint and post a few each week. 

I have been exploring the painting style of Tonalism. I have always loved the gentle, moody and atmospheric landscapes created by these artists. In Tonalism, rooted in the French Barbizon movement of the 1800's, "the mood and atmosphere of the scene is more important than the objects themselves. Landscapes are soft, with gentle mid range tones and values and an elegantly simple composition." I've always enjoyed painting moody and atmospheric landscapes so this is an exciting study for me.

Our Virtual Paint Out Group is traveling, via computer and Google Street Maps, to Utah this month.

This 30/30 Challenge will be a mixture of Tonalism and Utah. Maybe I will be able to combine the two.
Morning, 6x8, oil

Thanks for visiting,
Celene

www.CeleneFarris.com

My Ebay Store Link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are always welcome. Thank you.