Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Prayer Flags, Bhutan. April's Virtual Paint Out

This month our Virtual Paint Out Group is traveling to Bhutan, a small country in South Asia in the southern Himalayas, bordered by China on the north, and on the south, east and west by India.


Prayer Flags, Trashigang, Bhutan, 9x12, oil SOLD




My reference photo from Google Maps, street views, transferred to my Kindle.


I am so glad that I joined this painting group. Each month I look forward to our new destination. Bhutan is another fascinating country that I would never have thought to explore. I could spend hours just traveling the roads via my computer and Google Maps. What a fun way to travel.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the group - Using Google Maps, street views only, we explore our designated location and each artist finds a spot to paint. The idea is to “walk around” the area as if we were actually there with the painting group looking for that ideal spot to set up our gear and paint. I photograph my chosen painting spot and transfer the photo to my Kindle. I can then paint from my Kindle in the comfort of my own studio. Our finished paintings are posted to the Virtual Paint Out Blog with a link to our reference location. For more information check out, www.VirtualPaintOut.blogspot.com. New members are welcomed. 
   
To see all my paintings from our Virtual Paint-Out tours, please click here.

Thanks for visiting and hope you will join us in Bhutan!
Celene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are always welcome. Thank you.