Saturday, September 12, 2020

Hello Again

Recently a friend reminded me that I hadn't posted to my blog for quite a while. When I looked - I couldn't believe that it's been over a year since my last post! Where did the time go? Thankfully, nothing major happened here. Time just got away from me.

I'm still painting and despite all the nonsense going on in the world, sales have been good both locally and in my Ebay Store.

What's happening in my studio now? Well I'm back to being a student again. I have always been fascinated with night scenes. I love the Chiaroscuro quality of dramatic lights vs dark shadows. I have painted nocturnes before but always thought I needed to learn more about the process of capturing accurate light and color transitions seen at night, especially with artificial lights and neon. I still have a lot to learn and I'm loving the challenge. 

Here's my latest painting - just off the easel. I think it is done, but it needs to dry so I can evaluate it again.


Sal's Place, 8x10, oil nocturne, SOLD


Thanks for visiting with me. I hope to post more often now.

Best wishes to you and your family,

Celene


My Ebay Store

www.CeleneFarris.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are always welcome. Thank you.