Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Day #5 - More B&W Underpaintings

Today I decided to work on more black and white acrylic underpaintings. I really enjoy the energy that I see in these works. Now the trick will be to add color without losing that feeling.

I created five underpaintings today. Here are three of my favorites.


Work in Progress, 5x7 underpainting


Work in Progress, 5x7 underpainting


Work in Progress, 5x7 underpainting

I wonder if my current choice of reading material has anything to do with my painting choices. In case you are not familiar with Elisabeth Olgilvie, she wrote a wonderful series of books about life on a remote Maine island, its people and the sea.

These underpaintings qualify for the 30/30 challenge. Maybe I'll add color tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting,
Celene



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are always welcome. Thank you.