Thursday, September 13, 2018

Day #13 - Amsterdam, 9x12 B&W Underpainting

Today was a busy day, but I did find an hour to lay in an acrylic B&W underpainting of Amsterdam - which is our September destination for the Virtual Paint Out. I've included the reference photo to show you how I simplified the scene. It's never my intention to copy a reference photo exactly as it is. I'm not a camera, I'm an artist. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But I have a good feeling about this painting.


Canals of Amsterdam, 9x12, underpainting

Reference photo from Google Maps



When completed, this painting will be available in my Ebay Store - Virtual Paint Out

Or if you prefer, you may purchase directly from me. Please contact me for more information.

Thanks for visiting,
Celene

www.CeleneFarris.com


Visit Leslie Saeta's September 2018 30/30 Painting Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are always welcome. Thank you.