Saturday, July 14, 2018

Enough is Enough!

Last week I was painting with a friend. It was one of those wonderful days when the painting just seemed to flow off my brush. Then came the point when someone needed to grab my brush and say, “Enough is enough!”.

I caught myself beginning to tidy up, adding a bit here and there, straightening a line, just fiddling, and luckily, this time, stopped myself before I ruined my painting. But other times I have pushed a good painting over the brink and then in frustration, wiped it all away.

It’s all a matter of discipline. A famous artist once said, “A painting is finished when you think it’s about 85% done.”  I need to remember that. Knowing when to stop is hard. Stopping is even harder.

Luckily I didn’t ruin this one.


The Upper Pasture, 8x10, oil

This painting is available in my Ebay Store - landscapes

Any of my paintings can be purchased directly through me, if you prefer. Please email me for more information.


Thanks for visiting,

Celene

My Ebay Store

www.CeleneFarris.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are always welcome. Thank you.